The Fat Lady Never Sings in Heaven
Ken D. Trivette
II Chronicles 20:1-30
1. Francis Scott Key had gone out to the British fleet, under a flag of truce. He was detained on board while the bombardment of Fort Henry took place. It was a long and terrible night for the young patriot. The struggling colonies of America were against the vast resources of the great British Empire. He watched as all night the heavy guns of England pounded the fort. But in the morning he saw "by the dawns early light the star spangled banner yet waving," and was inspired to write the song that is our national anthem. The climax of the song is found in the last stanza: "Then conquer we must, When our cause is just. And this be our motto: In God is our trust."
2. The motto of every believer ought to be "In God is our trust." The Psalmist said in Psalm 62:8, "Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us. Selah."
3. In one of his prayers in the U.S. Senate, Peter Marshall prayed, "O Lord, forgive us our ulcers, the badges of our anxieties and insecurities!"
4. So often, instead of being filled with faith, we are filled with fear. Instead of trusting we find ourselves trembling. The Psalmist said in Psalm 56:3 says, "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." How we need to follow his example.
5. In the story before us we see that not only should we trust God, but also we can trust God. We are reminded that God has the ability to take care of us and meet every need in our life. Let's look at this thrilling story from God's Word.
1. WE SEE A MULTITUDE THAT WAS ALARMING.
1. The story before us reminds us of how at times we are faced with problems that are very disturbing and distressful. Notice the problem that Jehoshaphat faced.
A. The Foe of Jehoshaphat.
1. Notice verses 1-2, "It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came agains ...
There are 13494 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.