RANDAL L. ROSS
MAY 5, 1991
CUTTING YOUR GIANTS DOWN TO SIZE I: CHRISTIANS AT THE CROSSROADS
I SAM. 17
INTRO; THIS MORNING WE BEGIN A NEW SERIES ENTITLED CUTTING YOUR GIANTS
DOWN TO SIZE: CHRISTIANS AT THE CROSS ROADS.
A. IT IS BASED ON THE FOUR GREATEST BATTLES OF KING DAVID'S LIFE!
1. David probably teaches us more about handling our battles, conflicts spiritually and practically than
any other character in the Bible.
2. DAVID LEARNED NOT ONLY HOW TO CONQUER HIS GIANTS BY CUTTING THEM
DOWN TO SIZE BUT ALSO WHAT WAS IN GOD'S HEART! WHAT PLEASED GOD!
AND THAT IS VITAL FOR OUR GENERATION. THAT WE KNOW THE HEART OF
GOD AS WELL AS THE PLAN OF GOD
B. YOU FIND IN DAVID LIFE THAT THERE WERE FOUR KEY CROSSROAD EXPERIENCES
OF HIS LIFE!
1. FOUR STAGES IN HIS DEVELOPMENT THAT NURTURED THAT HEART OF GOD
WITHIN HIM. BRINGING HIM EVER CLOSER TO THE LORD
2. it is not enough that we are powerful in God and conquerors in God it is important that we know
Him and have his will accomplished in our lives
3. THERE IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE POWER OF GOD AND THE PRESENCE OF
GOD, THE WISDOM OF GOD. LOOK AT SAMSON
4. GOD'S WILL IS THAT WE HAVE BOTH, CONQUERING POWER AND PERSONAL
HEART FOR HIM.
C. THESE ARE THE SAME CROSSROAD EXPERIENCES. PASSAGES THAT EVERY ONE
EXPERIENCES. THEY ARE FOUR UNIVERSAL PASSAGES IN LIFE THAT DETERMINE
WHICH ROAD OF LIFE WE TRAVEL AND WHAT WE WILL GET OUT OF OUR LIFE.
1. how you choose and the direction you take at these crossroads can determine large portion of
what you will experience, receive and enjoy in your spiritual life.
2. THOSE CROSSROADS TAKE OUR LIVES IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS. ONE WAY
HAS WITH IT GOD'S FULL JOY AND BLESSING AND PRESENCE THE OTHER WAY
IS OFTEN THE WAY TO A SELF-CREATED PRISON.
D. AT EACH OF THESE FOUR CROSSROADS OF DAVID'S LIFE THER ...
There are 45644 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.