This content is part of a series.Demons And The Believer (1 of 2)
Series: Demons and the Ministry of Deliverance
I. WORDS OF EXPLANATION AND PRECAUTION
a.) We must accept the reality of demonic presence.
- cosmic vs. imperialistic view
- western objectivity
- ostrich syndrome
- ignorance (breeds fear, danger and abuse)
There is a great need for Scriptural authority in this area.
b.) We must not make demons or the devil our focus, Jesus must be our focus.
- demons behind every bush
- produces fear
- produces heresy
- produces unhealthy Christians
c.) We must be sober but not intimidated in our approach to Spiritual conflict.
- we must be properly prepared
- we must remember Who we serve and how great He is
d.) The Scriptures must remain our basis of authority.
- not Hollywood (the Exorcist,etc)
- not experience
e.) We must not try to find ''pat answers'' in dealing with demons or the demonized.
- We must obey Scriptural truth
- We must follow the Spirits leading every situation.
f.) We must properly understand the term ''demon possession''
g.) We must not transfer our responsibility for our sins on demons.
- we have a sin nature
- the problem of Christian humanism
- Galatians S - deeds of the flesh
II. THE ORIGIN OF DEMONS -
Scripture is unclear to the origin of demons.
The most widely accepted belief concerning the origin of demons is that they are fallen angels under Satan's control. - Isaiah 14:12-24/ Rev. 12
III. THE NATURE OF DEMONS - (characteristics)
1. They are unclean spirits - Rev. 16:13-14/ Mark 1:21
- This term is synonymous with the word ''demon''. They leave uncleanness wherever they go.
2. They are personal - They are living, intelligent, emotional, verbal, volitional and purposeful. (to defy and destroy)
NO NICE DEMONS!
3. They are malevolent - Mark 9:17-29 - epileptic boy
They are just like their ruler, they desire to steal, kill and destroy. Jn. 10
4. Powerful - Mark 5:4, the Gadarene ...
There are 4351 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Price: $4.99 or 1 credit