The Thanksgiving Crisis
Intro: As in the story of Jesus and the ten lepers, we too find ourselves in a modern dilemma. i.e. of human ungratefulness toward God. As our society and even our own fallen flesh demands of us almost complete refusal to recognize God as the giver of life and everything good, it is critical that we make the proper choices.
2 Timothy 3:2
THE STORY OF THE SECOND GOOD SAMARITAN
1.) Ten desperate men petitioned Jesus for healing from leprosy.
2.) All of them were healed by Him.
3.) Only one of them took the time or the trouble to thank Jesus.
1.) Astonishment that the percentage of the thankful was so low.
2.) Hurt that only one turned to give thanks.
3.) Appreciation for the one thankful man.
THE ROOT PROBLEMS OF AN UNGRATEFUL HEART
1. Unfair Expectations - ''you owe me'' attitude
2. Discontentment - ''it's not enough'' dissatisfaction
3. Negative Attitude - ''but how about that problem''
4. Haughtiness - ''I deserved it'' - ''I'm worth it''
5. Self-Centeredness - ''I'm glad I feel better''
6. Greed - ''I wonder if I can get more''
7. Resentment - ''He still has more than me''
8. Fear - ''I sure don't want to lose this''
9. Deception - ''I could have done it better''
10. Rationalization - ''it probably would have happened anyway''
THE FRUITS OF AN UNGRATEFUL HEART
1. Disrespect -
2. Demanding spirit -
3. Disloyalty - (divorce, dilenquency, backsliding, job hopping)
4. Depression - you will begin to dislike yourself.
5. Debt - you are driven to obtain.
GOD'S PRINCIPLES FOR THANKSGIVING
(the reasons we must give thanks)
1. Thanksgiving reminds us of who ...
There are 3426 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1713 character sample of the full content.