The Discipline Of Service
INTRODUCTION: In the area of corporate disciplines, no discipline is more important than the discipline of service. In fact, it was this discipline Jesus emphasized greatly during His earthly ministry. Her
are some of the important truths about serving.
Definition - ''Serving''
- Using the abilities and assets of my life to benefit God's kingdom and others.
Antonyms - Bossing; idleness; receiving
FOUR TRUTHS ABOUT SERVING
1. It is a commandment
- John 13
- I Peter 4:10 - ''Each one should use whatever gifts he has
received to serve others...''
NOT OPTIONAL FOR DISCIPLES
2. It is the measure of true greatness
- God exalts the humble - James 4
- Matthew 20:26 - ''Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant''
- Greatness in the world = externals and pride
- Kingdom = eternal and humility
Rehoboam (world) vs. Jeroboam (God)
3. It is the secret of happiness
Beatitudes - Give and it will be given to you. Luke 6
- Always an abundance of places to serve
- HAPPINESS CANNOT BE SOUGHT DIRECTLY IT IS THE PRODUCT OF RIGHT BEHAVIOR AND THINKING ...
There are 2305 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1152 character sample of the full content.