What People Who Triumph Over Trouble Have In Common
1. AN OVERCOMER FACES THEIR PROBLEMS WITH CONFIDENCE IN THE HOLY SPIRIT'S POWER AND NOT THEIR OWN ABILITY
- HOW DO WE LEARN TO DO THIS? TWO FOLD PROCESS
(One of the most difficult and critical lessons of the Christian walk)
1. I MUST ACCEPT THE FACT THAT I AM INADEQUATE WITHOUT GOD.
SYNONYMS: INCAPABLE; INCOMPLETE
A. GOD MADE ME INADEQUATE WITHOUT HIM
Why? 1. So I would need Him.
2. So He could be glorified through my life.
GARDEN OF EDEN: GOD WAS IN THEIR MIDST AND HIS SPIRIT FLOWED THROUGH THEM, BODY SOUL AND SPIRIT
B. THE ORIGINAL SIN WAS COMMITTED BECAUSE SATAN CONVINCED MAN HE COULD BE ADEQUATE WITHOUT GOD
- Forbidden fruit offered independence from God.
- Satan is still offering us things that offer adequacy without God.
When we believe it we experience the same spiritual death and failures Adam and Eve did.
SATAN HAS A TWOFOLD PLAN CONCERNING ADEQUACY
1. THROUGH PRIDE, MAKE US FEEL ADEQUATE WITHOUT GOD
2. TH.ROUGH SHAME AND FEAR, MAKE US OVERWHELMED WITH HOW INADEQUATE WE REALL Y ARE (IN PETER'S LIFE, HE REVEALED BOTH -WAVES'AND COCKS CROWING)
C. UNTIL WE TURN OUR INADEQUACIES TOWARD GOD, WE ARE USELESS IN HIS KINGDOM AND HELPLESS AGAINST THE STORMS OF LIFE. I.E. PETER LOOKING AT THE WAVES VS. LOOKING AT JESUS)
MOSES - Exodus 4:1-14 - Moses despised his inadequacy and refused to turn it toward God.
GOD MADE MOSES IN HIS MOTHER'S WOMB AS A PERFECT INSTRUMENT TO DELIVER HIS PEOPLE.
MOSES' INADEQUACIES WERE GOD'S OPPORTUNITIES TO REVEAL HIMSELF. (PAUL'S WEAKNESSES II COR. 12/AND THE MIDIANITES)
D. WE ARE INADEQUATE WITHOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- Mentally - John 16:13 ''However, when He, the Spiri ...
There are 3500 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1750 character sample of the full content.