The Gift of Faith
1 Corinthians 12:9
Introduction: The Gift of Faith is one of the most important of all of the gifts of the Spirit. It is a gift of power which enables us to realize the power of God in and through our lives.
Definition: ''Gift of Faith'' - It is the God given ability to believe Him for the impossible in a particular situation.
1 Cor. 12:9 and 13:2 - UNDERSTANDING THE THREE BASIC CATEGORIES OF FAITH
1. SAVING FAITH - Jn. 1:12; Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 2:8 - In theology it is often referred to as ''prevenient grace''.
- Ephesians 2:8 - ''For by grace you have been saved through faith.'' (through - ''dia'') - God saves us by grace, we receive it through faith.
2. FAITH AS A ''FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT'' - Galatians 5:22; Acts 6:5; 11:24; II Cor. 4:13; Col. 2:5 - Faith which is a fruit in our life is a constantly nourished and growing part of our lives because of God's working in us.
- It is an attribute within the character and personality of the believer. Romans 1:17 - It is only viable whenever it is connected to other virtues. (i.e. - the nine fruits)
- patience - James 1:3; II Tim. 1:4
- love - I Thess. 5:8; I Cor. 13:13
- hope - I Cor. 13:13
- power - II Thess. 1:11
- good works - II Thess. 1:3
- clear conscience - I Tim. 1:5
- doctrinal soundness - Titus 1:13
- virtue - II Peter 1:5
- knowledge - II Peter 1:6
- importunity - Luke 11:5-10
- joy - James 1:2-3; I Peter 1:6-8
- good confession - Romans 10:6-10
** - It is not just crisis faith - It is the faith God has.
3. THE GIF ...
There are 3205 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1602 character sample of the full content.