The Cost of Freedom
32 ''Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.'' (NIV)
2 Cor 3:17
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (NIV)
Freedom is the most sought after commodity. Yet it has an illusive quality about it.
When you don't have it you want it! When you do have it, you easily not value it.
What freedom is?
The power of choice top make responsible decisions for oneself and ones future.
What freedom is not! To do what I want regardless of others or consequences? no!
I. The Desire for Freedom
The desire for freedom is one of the strongest desires of the human soul.
Men over the centuries have given their very lives and fortunes for this desire.
- It was the desire of Hebrew salves in Egypt!
- It was the desire of Babylonian Captives.
- It was the desire of a group of pilgrims that founded our nation!
- Recorded in the first Document the Mayflower Pact
- It was the desire of our founding fathers in ridding the nation of the rule of the British as expressed in the declaration of Independence. On July the 4th, 1776 in Philadelphia in Constitution Hall we see a document signed that we call the Declaration of Independence. It says ''We proclaim ourselves independent from the tyranny of those who would hold sway over the minds, the souls, the lives of Americans. It went on to say ''we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights.''
- It was the desire of the black slaves in American History.
- It was the desire of Martin Luther King. ''I have a dream. . .''
- It was the desire of an Indian by the name of Mahatma Gandi
- It was the desire of Nelson Mandella
The desire for freedom has even overpowered the need for love.
Men and women have left fathers and mothers, sisters and brothers, hu ...
There are 6722 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.