This content is part of a series.
Living Life at Face Value (4 of 14)
Series: Real World Faith for Real World People
1. My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism.
2. For if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes,
3. And you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes, and say, "You sit here in a good place," and you say to the poor man, "You stand over there, or sit down by my footstool";
4. Have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil motives?
5. Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
6. But you have dishonored the poor man. Is it not the rich who oppress you and personally drag you into court?
7. Do they not blaspheme the fair name by which you have been called?
8. If however, you are fulfilling the royal law, according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing well.
9. But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.
10. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
11. For He who said, "Do Not Commit Adultery," also said, "Do Not Commit Murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
12. So speak and so act, as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.
13. For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.
INTRODUCTION: A young, single attorney once worked for a generous boss who gave all his employees a turkey every year at Thanksgiving. One year, before the birds were handed out, some of the attorney's co-workers replaced his real turkey with one made of paper ...
There are 8187 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.