How to Have Real Peace of Mind
Do you know what the number one illness is in America today? Do you know the one illness that more Americans suffer from than any other illness? It is clinical depression. This tells me that very few people in our day understand or enjoy real, abiding peace of mind.
Let me share a few alarming facts with you:
(1) Every year 50,000-70,000 people commit suicide.
(2) Every 60 seconds a teenager attempts suicide. Every 90 minutes one succeeds.
(3) The National Institute of Mental Health indicates that 125,000 Americans are hospitalized with depression annually.
(4) Another 200,000 are treated by psychiatrists.
(5) Dr. Nathan Kline, of New York's Rockland State Hospital, reports that anywhere from 4 to 8 million cases of depression go untreated annually.
(6) The most common type of drug consumed among Americans is the tranquilizer. (We've become addicted to nerve pills, tranquilizers, relaxants, sleeping pills and vallium.) This tells me that Americans are having a hard time finding real peace of mind.
We live in a fast-paced, helter-skelter world. We live under financial pressures, 4 time pressures, social pressures; and the result is emotional pain and stress. Some of you may feel like you're in a pressure cooker of stress right now and you're about to explode.
Copyright 1995 by Dr. Rick E. Ferguson. All rights reserved. No portion of this document may be used in any form without the written permission of the author. Bible quotations are from the New International Version unless otherwise indicated.
Does the Word of God offer a way of relief for you? I think so. Today I want to look at some biblical principles related to achieving real, abiding peace of mind.
There really is a way for a person to live with genuine peace of mind (even in today's high-pressure, fast-moving, helter-skelter world. You really can be free of worry, anxiety, Y depressio ...
There are 22640 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.