Look into the Manger...What Do You See?
Dr. Rick E. Ferguson
Isn't the Christmas season a fabulous time of year? I love the Christmas holidays and everything associated with it.
I love the:
- attitude of good-will people seem to have
- giving and receiving of gifts
- family reunions
- the decorations
It is all great! The only part of Christmas I don't like is the shopping madness ... I don't shop well!
Ex:I remember a few years ago Kathy convinced me we needed to go to a huge Christmas sale in the downtown Famous and Barr store (the St. Louis version of May D andamp; F). It was advertised as the 12-hour sale of the year.
- She picked me up at work--we drove straight to the department store in a blowing snowstorm
- There was no place to park--traffic was jammed for blocks (Kathy jumped out and left me to park the car)
- The department store was a madhouse! I have seen insane asylums that were more docile and orderly.
- We ran from aisle to aisle, floor to floor at a breakneck speed--I was getting dizzy.
- I developed a splitting headache because we had skipped dinner to get there early
- My ribs were bruised from women elbowing me to get to the display racks
- Finally, Kathy put me in a check-out line to pay for two shirts she wanted
- I stood in the line for almost another entire hour while she shopped
- When I finally got to the register--it was time for a shift change in the checkers
- When I finally paid for the merchandise, I realized I had been through all that brutal torment and insane madness just to purchase $6.23 worth of merchandise.
Kathy could not understand why I was in a bad mood! I decided to do all my shopping from a Sears catalog!
It is easy in all the ''busyness'' of the holidays to lose focus on the real reason we celebrate ... and that is the miraculous birth of our glorious Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
So on this Sunday just before Christmas I want to ...
There are 23009 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.