Christ Is Building His Church
1 Peter 2:4-12
INTRO: Do you have a hard time believing it's a new year already?
We are mid-way through the decade of the 90s. (I don't know where all these decades seem to be going!)
In just 5 years, we will enter a brand new century. (I'm getting to the age where I don't know where these centuries are going...they seem to come and go so fast!)
I just realized the other day that at the turn of the century I will be 43 years old. (That used to sound ancient to me, and it seemed to be light years away! It doesn't sound so old to me anymore--and it certainly doesn't seem so far away!)
1) If you are like me--the holidays always offer a time of:
Reflection upon the past
Thanksgiving for the abundant blessings of God
Anticipation, prayer, planning and analysis of the future.
2) I've spent some recent days reflecting about our church and where God has brought us in the last 4 years--as well as where God seems to be taking us in the next 4 to 5 years.
3) Can I take just a moment of personal privilege to share a few sincere thoughts and feelings about Riverside Baptist Church?
I have never been more excited about a church, and the work of God, than I am about this church and God's work among us.
I have never loved a church or a ministry more than I love this church and ministry.
I still have a hard time believing or understanding why God would give ME the privilege and joy of shepherding this wonderful church.
And I want to thank you for being such a wonderful church to my family and me. We have never felt so loved, nor have we ever been so well cared for. In every possible way you have been wonderful to us.
4) I truly believe this is where God wants me to spend the rest of my life. Kathy and I talk about it often, and our plans are to invest the rest of our lives in this wonderful church.
5) Today, I would like to preach to my people, the members o ...
There are 35736 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.