The Church: The Body of Christ
Series: Body Life
The church of Jesus Christ is under much attack today. Please believe me when I tell you the liberal left wing elements of society would like nothing better but to silence the church's voice on moral and social issues. There is an ever escalating spiritual war taking place and in America there is a manifested cultural war taking place, and Bible believing churches are the primary target for the forces of darkness that dominate our society and this present world system.
However, the greatest threat to the church does not come from the external attacks we encounter from the:
*liberal judicial system
*liberal, satanic inspired social activists
Jesus said, "The gates of hell would not prevail against His church." (Matt. 16:18)
The greatest threat to the church has always been internal forces of:
Never does a church die from external dangers. Churches die always because of internal disintegration.
I want to begin a mini-series of messages on The Church. I have entitled this series "Body Life." And our goal is three-fold.
1. To elevate every believer's love and appreciation for the church. Eph. 5:25 says "Christ loved the church and gave himself for it."
2. To help every believer recognize the privileges and responsibilities that are his/hers as members of Christ's glorious church.
3. Encourage every member to discover their God-given, God-gifted ministry with the church.
4. To lead the church to live and function as a Body of Christ rather than a lifeless business.
Tonight I want to lay the foundation for our study beginning in Eph. 1:15-22, as we look to the scriptures for understanding concerning what it means for the church to be the Body of Christ.
Text Eph. 1:15-22
Something you will hear me say repeatedly is this:
1. The church is a living Body not a lifeless business.
2. The c ...
There are 16563 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.