A. W. Tozer in "The Old Cross and the New."
- Jesus was crucified, not in a cathedral between two candles, but on a cross between two thieves. - George F. MacLeod
- The cross cannot be defeated, for it is defeat. - Gilbert K. Chesterton
- There are no crown-wearers in heaven who were not cross-bearers here below. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- We need men of the cross, with the message of the cross, bearing the marks of the cross. - Vance Havner
- Christ's cross is such a burden as sails are to a ship or wings to a bird. - Samuel Rutherford
- He came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owed a debt we couldn't pay. - Anonymous
- The old cross slew men; the new cross entertains them. The old cross condemned; the new cross amuses. The old cross destroyed confidence in the flesh; the new cross encourages it. A.W. Tozer
- All heaven is interested in the cross of Christ, all hell is terribly afraid of it, while men are the only beings who more or less ignore its meaning. - Oswald Chambers
- The cross: God's way of uniting suffering with love. - Georgia Harkness
- The figure of the Crucified invalidates all thought which takes success for its standard. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The cross is the lightning rod of grace that short-circuits God's wrath to Christ so that only the light of His love remains for believers.