This content is part of a series.
Receiving the Power of the Kingdom (22 of 40)
Series: Emerge: Kingdom
Jesus Culture - Banning Liebscher
Acts 1:1–11; Acts 2:1–21
This week, we are going to look at how the power of the Kingdom dramatically transforms the believer's life! The Book of Acts is an amazing story of how God's supernatural power enabled ordinary people to live extraordinary lives.
- Focus on verse 8 for receiving power through the Holy Spirit.
- Focus on verses 4–5 for waiting on God for more of His power.
- Focus on verses 4 and 14–16 for power that testifies of Jesus.
EQUIP: Receiving the power of the Kingdom.
Teaching Point 1: There is distinct power we receive through the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:1–11).
- This infilling of the Spirit would be distinct from what they had already experienced when Jesus had breathed on them and said, ''Receive the Holy Spirit'' (John 20:22).
- Many of the prophetic writings of the nation of Israel contained references to the Holy Spirit's outpouring (Joel 2:28–29).
- Jesus told His disciples that the power they received when filled with the Spirit would be the key to reaching the world with the Gospel.
Jesus said the Kingdom of God was at hand (MARK 1:15). The miracles and healings Jesus did were a foreshadowing and promise of what life is like in Heaven. For example, there is no pain in Heaven (REVELATION 21:4), so when God heals people on Earth, it shows us what life in Heaven will be like.
Here on Earth, the Church is the primary instrument of God's Kingdom. With Jesus' presence with us always, we have full access to His Kingdom power and authority. ''But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you….'' (ACTS 1:8).
Jesus is with us and is teaching us how to ''breathe in'' His spiritual life. ''He breathed the breath of life into the man's nostrils, and the man became a living person'' (GENESIS 2:7). We don't fully come alive until we have learne ...
There are 13665 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.