The People of the Kingdom (25 of 40) by Jesus Culture Resources
This content is part of a series.The People of the Kingdom (25 of 40)
Series: Emerge: Kingdom
Jesus Culture - Banning Liebscher
The Church was birthed during Pentecost, when God poured out His Spirit on His followers. The Greek word for ''church'' is ecclesia, which means assembly or gathering.
What is family according to God? What does true, authentic community look like? What do healthy, godly relationships look like? What were the disciples doing back when the Church first started? This week, we will talk about the idea of the Church and God's dream for community. We are His family here on Earth.
Main Scripture: Acts 2:37-47
- Focus on verses 42 and 46 for how the Church functions like family.
- Focus on verse 42 for Kingdom people's devotion to God and each other.
- Focus on verse 43 for God's presence remaining with His people.
EQUIP: The life of Kingdom people.
Teaching Point 1: People of the Kingdom do life together as family.
- The early Church functioned like a family, sharing life and living in support and connection together. Church family is a powerful resource for strength.
God protects and maintains life in His family through a system of honor (Ex. 20:12).
- The early Church practiced honor by meeting together, holding things in common, and giving of themselves to meet everyone's needs (Acts 2:44-45).
The Church family is made up of people who are serious about Jesus and their faith in Him. They love God and love one another. ''If someone says, 'I love God,' but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see'' (1 JOHN 4:20)?
The Church family is a powerful resource for strength. ''You must call a meeting of the church. I will be present with you in spirit, and so will the power of our Lord Jesus'' (1 CORINTHIANS 5:4).
Jesus instructed His followers to go out in teams of two. He knows that all of us need one another. You need people ar ...
There are 10444 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!