Overcoming Strongholds Within: Armor of God (34 of 40) by Jesus Culture Resources
This content is part of a series.Overcoming Strongholds Within: Armor of God (34 of 40)
Series: Emerge: Kingdom
Jesus Culture - Banning Liebscher
Armor is very important in battle. This week, we are going to take a deeper look at the armor of God, which Paul describes in Ephesians 6. The armor of God gives us a powerful identity and inner security, so we can overcome evil with God's goodness, truth, and love.
Main Scripture: Ephesians 6:10-17
- Focus on verse 11 for access to the full armor.
- Focus on verse 13 for the need for all the armor.
- Focus on verse 14 for standing firm in the armor.
EQUIP: The armor of overcomers.
Teaching Point 1: We have been given the full armor of God.
- Each of us has been given every single piece of the armor. There is no waiting line or any lack in the spiritual tools and equipment we have been outfitted with!
- God will never allow more to come at us than He has already prepared us to handle (1 Cor. 10:13).
Each of us has been given every single piece of the armor of God. There is no waiting line or any lack in the spiritual tools and equipment we have been outfitted with!
Here are the individual pieces of the armor of God (EPHESIANS 6:14-17):
- Belt of truth
- Breastplate of righteousness
- Shoes of peace
- Shield of faith
- Helmet of salvation
- Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
As Christ-followers, we already possess every piece of the armor:
- Belt of truth: Jesus says that He is truth (JOHN 14:6). Therefore, truth lives inside of us. ''Christ lives in me'' (GALATIANS 2:20).
- Breastplate of righteousness: ''This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe'' (ROMANS 3:22).
- Shoes of peace: Jesus has promised us, ''Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you'' (JOHN 14:27).
- Shield of faith: ''Think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you'' (ROMANS 12:3).
- Helmet of salvation: ''And you also we ...
There are 13750 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!