This content is part of a series.
Our Family of Origin (13 of 40)
Series: Emerge: Identity
Jesus Culture - Banning Liebscher
The Bible contains a multi-faceted display of family relationships. It makes clear that, as Christians, we are a part of two ''families'': the family in Heaven and the family on earth.
Our earthly family includes all of humanity and the Body of Christ. The most obvious example of a healthy human family is Adam and Eve and their relationship in the Garden of Eden. They are at peace with one another, in union, and living in the perfect intentions of God's creative design.
The other type of family, the heavenly family, is the one we are going to focus on this week. Based on what we read in Scripture, our heavenly family consists of the Trinity, the angels, and the saints. We'll look at a definition for each of these in Teaching Point One.
Main Scripture: Ephesians 3:14-15
EQUIP: The family model
Have your group read EPHESIANS 3:14-15 and then focus on the observations and teaching points provided.
Teaching Point 1: Spotlight on the heavenly family
- Trinity: The Trinity is made up of the three Persons of God (Romans 1:20, Col. 2:9). Even though God has three Persons, we have one God.
- God the Father: The spirit of adoption enables us to call God ''Daddy'' (Rom. 8:15).
- God the Son: Jesus is God's Son, fully human and fully God (Col. 2:9).
- God the Holy Spirit: He makes personal relationship with and knowledge of Christ possible by His indwelling presence.
- Angels: Angels are heavenly beings who are superior to humanity in power and intelligence (Heb. 1:14, Heb. 2:7).
- Saints: All followers of God are saints, including you and me.
Way back in Session 1, we really looked at what it means to be ''in Christ.'' Because we are in Him, we are a part of His heavenly family.
Let's take a look at the makeup of our heavenly family
Trinity: The Trinity is made up of the three Persons of God, often referred to as the Godhead. ...
There are 13834 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.