This content is part of a series.
Direction in Relationships (31 of 40)
Series: Emerge: Identity
Jesus Culture - Banning Liebscher
Guy/girl friendships and relationships are important parts of life. Think about it - they comprise nearly half of the relational opportunities out there, and for most people, a friendship between genders ends up being one of the most significant in their lives.
But how are we supposed to live in relationship with a completely different, unavoidably interesting opposite gender? Your model for guy/girl relationships doesn't come out of nowhere - so who or what gives you relationship advice?
It may sound strange, but for Christians, Jesus is our main relationship expert. After all, He restored the most important relationship any of us have - our relationship with the Father. The way Jesus conducts Himself in relationships is the model we are to emulate.
This week, we're going to explore a few core traits of Jesus' relationships. It may surprise you to think about it, but Jesus has a lot to say about friendships, dating relationships, courtship, and even engagement!
(NOTE: This week's session is Part 3 of a four-part module discussing male/female relationships. Each week's session will focus on a specific aspect of relationships based on Ephesians 5:21-33.)
Main Scripture: Ephesians 5:21-33
- Focus on verse 21 for direction in relationships.
- Focus on verse 25 for Christlike love in relationships.
- Focus on verse 32 for covenant and intimacy in relationships.
EQUIP: The ultimate relationship expert
Read EPHESIANS 5:21-33 and then focus on the observations and teaching points provided.
Teaching Point 1: Direction in relationships
- Connection to Christ directs every aspect of all our relationships, just like Jesus' connection with the Father shapes all of His (John 5:19).
- While on earth, Jesus positively affected others' connections with God. We should do the same in both dating relationships and friendships.
There are 13300 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.