A Battle You Cannot Afford To Win (38 of 48) by Stan Coffey
This content is part of a series.A Battle You Cannot Afford To Win (38 of 48)
Series: Creation or Evolution?
Dr. Stan Coffey
September 6, 1987
INTRODUCTION: When Jacob was at Bethel and saw the ladder reaching to Heaven God saved Jacob, now in Chapter 32 God sanctifies Jacob. Jacob had to learn that God does not condemn sin in the life of a sinner and condone sin in the life of the saint. Jacob now has to meet Esau. Before a man can be right with God he must first be right with his brother.
I. JACOB IS A DEFENDED MAN - vs. 1-2
A. What Jacob saw - vs. 1 "Angels of God met him"
1. Angels were created by God - Ps. 148:5
2. Angels were innumerable - Heb. 12:22, Rev. 5:11
3. Angels are ministers for God's people - Heb. 1:14
4. Angels can take bodily form - Luke 24:2, Acts 1:10
5. Angels are powerful - Matt. 28:2, II Kings 19:35
6. Angels will execute God's judgment - Ex. 12:12, Rev. 16:1
7. Each believer has a personal angel
a. To deliver from danger - Dan. 6:22, Acts. 12:15
b. To minister in death - Luke 16:22
B. What Jacob ...
There are 2071 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1036 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!