This content is part of a series.
Can Your God Be Stolen? (37 of 48)
Series: Creation or Evolution?
Dr. Stan Coffey
August 30, 1987
INTRODUCTION: This section of God's word speaks to every believer. It deals with a man who is very sinful in many ways and yet he is a man whom God would not give up. Jacob had become comfortable in Padan-Aram. So in His wisdom God allowed things to turn sour on Jacob. As a result Jacob is forced to flee and return to his homeland.
I. JACOB'S OLD GOALS WERE CHALLENGED - 31:1-16
A. Jacob's fundamental concern - 31:1-3
1. His world became suddenly menacing - vs. 1-2
2. The Word became suddenly meaningful - vs. 3
B. Jacob's family conference - 31:4-S
1. Laban's proved dislike - vs. 4-5
2. Laban's persistent dishonesty - vs. 6-9
C. Jacob's faithful confession - 31:10-13
1. A confession regarding prosperity - vs. 10-13
2. A confession regarding prospects - vs. 13
D. Jacob's final ...
There are 1831 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 916 character sample of the full content.