Genesis: The Beginning Of The Hebrew Race (4 of 54) by Stan Coffey
This content is part of a series.Genesis: The Beginning Of The Hebrew Race (4 of 54)
Through the Bible Survey
Pastor Stan Coffey
May 6, 1990
I. ABRAHAM - Genesis 12-23
By the time of Abraham, idolatry had spread over the entire earth. Ur of Chaldeas where Abraham was born was the center of "moon" worship.
A. Abraham and his call - Gen. 12:1 and Acts 7:2
B. Abraham and the Covenant - Gen. 12:2-3; Acts 7:3
1. I will make thee a great nation
2. I will bless thee
3. I will make thy name great
4. Thou shalt be a blessing
5. I will bless them that bless thee
6. I will curse them that curse thee
7. In thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed
C. Abraham and the Confirmation - Cen. 13:14-18; 15:1-21; 17:6-8; 22:15-18; 26:1-5; 28:13-15
D. Abraham and his Confidence - Gen. 22 records the story of the ultimate test of Abraham's faith.
II. ISAAC - Genesis 24-26
A. The Profile of Isaac
1. The beloved and obedient son - Gen. 22:1-8 -
2. Isaac receives his bride, Rebeccah - Gen. 24
3. Isaac becomes the father of Esau and Jacob - twins from whom 2 nations came. Gen. 25:20-26. From Jacob came the nation of Israel and from Esau came the Arab nations.
4. The covenant God gave to Abraham was also confirmed to his son, Isaac Gen. 26
B. The Prophecy of Isaac - Isaac is a picture and prophecy of Jesus Christ who was to come in at least 3 significant ways.
1. In h ...
There are 2736 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1368 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!