This content is part of a series.
The New United European Community In Light Of Bible Prophecy (24 Of 26)
Issues of the 90's
Dr. Stan Coffey
Revelation 13:1-2 and Revelation 17:9-14
The Bible predicts that during the last days that a great European Empire will develop which will dominate the economy of the world. It will be from this empire that the antichrist will rise on the world stage with the developments of the 90s thus far. We are seeing today in all clarity how the world is speeding towards this antichristian empire. In Revelation 13 the development of the power of the antichrist and his empire are described in a three-fold picture: four beasts, seven heads, and ten horns. These all concentrate in the antichrist.
I. FOUR BEAST: THE GREAT WORLD EMPIRES OF THE PAST
A. John's position (I stood upon the sands of the sea.)
1. The seashore represented Israel.
2. From his position in Israel, John looked over the sea of nations and saw the beast, the antichrist, rise out of it.
B. John's prospective
I. The three beasts named in verse 2, the leopard, the bear, and the lion show us how the spirit of all the world empires of the past will be combined in a great last world empire.
2. It is from this empire that the antichrist will come to power.
C. John's prophesy
1. The leopard (Greece) has Joined the Common Market against human reason, for Greece is simply an additional expense and burden for the European Common Market.
2. The bear is Persia (the Medo-Persian-world empire, present day Iran.
3. The lion is Babylon.
a. The former capital of-Babylon is present day Iraq.
b. In August 1990, the Babylonian lion reappeared and at the beginning of 1991, sent his scud missiles to Israel.
c. Both Iran and Iraq have a great hatred for Israel.
D. The spirit of the three beasts is here again.
1. These former world empires are making news in the 1990s.
2. Neither Greece, nor Iran, nor Iraq, nor the Roman Empire are significant without each other.
3. Rome today is an integra ...
There are 4537 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.