This content is part of a series.
The Operation Of Satan In Regard To His Own Children (15 of 16)
Series: ANGELS! ANGELS! ANGELS!
Dr. Stan Coffey
Satan operates within two groups of people. Those who are saved and those who are unsaved. He operates in different ways in respect to his own children than with the children of God. Again it is important that we recognize his schemes, plans, and strategies. Since we have the Word of God which unmasks Satan's disguises and reveals his schemes we have no reason to be ignorant. Anyone who doesn't know Jesus Christ, who is outside the family of God, is a child of Satan. I John 5:19 says, "The whole world lies in wickedness (the wicked one)." In John 8:44 Jesus says to unbelievers, "You are of your father the devil."
I. SATAN OPERATES WITHIN HIS OWN CHILDREN BY PREVENTING CONVERSION.
A. By hardening hearts - Luke 8:5-12 - the Parable of the Soils.
1. The unresponsive heart - Matt. 13:19 - Seed sown by the wayside.
2. The impulsive heart - Matt. 13:20-21 - Seed sown in stony places that has a shallow root.
3. The pre-occupied heart - Matt. 13:22 - Seed sown among the thorns - choked out by the cares of this age, the deceitfulness of riches, and preoccupation with the world.
4. The receptive heart - Matt. 13:23 - Seed sown in good ground.
B. By blinding minds - II Cor. 4:3-4.
1. Satan blinds the minds of them who believe not.
2. This is not to say that God cannot save all people, but that Satan blinds the minds of those who willfully disbelieve God.
3. To people with blinded eyes the gospel seems irrelevant - I Cor. 1:18.
II. HOW SATAN PREVENTS CONVERSION OF HIS OWN CHILDREN BY PERVERTING THE TRUTH.
A. Through false doctrine - II Thess. 2:9; 1 Tim. 4:1-2.
1. A ...
There are 3475 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1738 character sample of the full content.