This content is part of a series.
The Characteristics Of Satan (14 of 16)
Series: ANGELS! ANGELS! ANGELS!
Dr. Stan Coffey
To know and understand spiritual warfare we need a clear knowledge of what Satan is like and only then can we be sensitive to what is going on in the world about us. Paul warned the Corinthians not to be "ignorant of his devices" - II Cor. 2;. The better we are able to anticipate his activities, the better we will be able to defend ourselves.
I. THE TRUTH ABOUT SATAN - WHAT SATAN IS NOT LIKE.
A. He is not self existent - Satan is a created being which means he is clearly inferior to God.
B. He is not sovereign - Satan rules a domain of demons, but not beyond the bounds that God established for him.
C. Satan is not omnipotent - Satan is powerful, but not all powerful - I John 4:4.
D. Satan is not omniscient - Satan does not know everything - I Peter 1:12.
E. Satan is not omnipresent - While angels can move rapidly they cannot be everywhere at the same time - Dan. 9:21.
II. THE TITLE-S OF SATAN
1. He is called Satan 52 times in scripture.
2. Satan- comes from a Hebrew word that means "adversary."
3. Satan is the adversary of God's holy angels - Jude 9; Rev. 12:7-9. He is an adversary of God's people – I Thess. 2:18.
1. This name is used 37 times in the New Testament and is derived from the Greek word diabolos which means "one who slanders".
2. Satan aims to maliciously slander God - Gen. 3:1; Christ - Luke 22:3-4; the Holy Spirit - Acts 5:3; the Church -Rev. 12:10; the Bible - I Tim. 4:1; and the character of Christians - I Tim. 3:7.
3. Satan controls the evil world systems - I John 5:19. The world does not have much regard for Christians.
C. The Old Serpent.
1. I ...
There are 3484 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1742 character sample of the full content.