This content is part of a series.
A Friend Who Never Fails (8 Of 12)
Series: Victory in the Wilderness
Dr. Stan Coffey
August 14, 1988
INTRODUCTION: We've discovered that there are seven pieces of furniture in the Tabernacle that speak of Christ. They also speak of salvation and they relate Christ to our daily lives. These seven pieces of furniture are arranged in a particular order so that they give us a pathway to glory. The first piece of furniture was the brazen altar, picturing Christ our sacrifice. The second was the brazen laver, picturing Christ our sanctification. The third was the table of shewbread, picturing Christ our sustenance. The fourth, the altar of incense, picturing Christ our supplication and the fifth, which we will discuss today, the golden lampstand, picturing Christ our sight.
I. THIS LAMPSTAND RELATES A MESSAGE CONCERNING OUR SAVIOUR - verse 31
A. Christ is our light
1. The supernatural light of Christ - John 1:4, 9:5
Jesus is the light of the world
2. The natural light of this world.
a. I Cor. 2:14 says the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God
b. Those on the outside of the Tabernacle never saw the light of the golden lampstand
3. The Christlike light of believers
a. Our weapon against the darkness of this world is light - that is the one thing darkness cannot stand
b. Many times the church tries to fight a spiritual darkness with physical enemies - what we need to do is to lift up the light of Jesus
c. Anything we do that is less than proclaiming Jesus is destined to fail
B. Christ is our lord - verse 31
1. The lampstand was made of pure gold of beaten work, picturing the deity of Christ
2. The beaten gold speaks of Christ who allowed the blows of this world to fall upon Him
C. Christ is our life - verse 31
1. Knops, bowls and flowers speak of the bud, the flower and the fruit that grows on a branch
2. Almonds were the fruit on the lampstand because the almond tree is the tree that awakens first in the spring ...
There are 4010 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.