Pattern For Powerful Prayer (1 Of 4) by Stan Coffey
This content is part of a series.Pattern For Powerful Prayer (1 Of 4)
Series: How to Get Your Prayers Answered
Dr. Stan Coffey
August 17, 1986
INTRODUCTION: The ministry of Jesus was a ministry constantly bathed in prayer. On many occasions, Jesus would spend entire nights in prayer to the Father. The disciples were so impressed with the prayer life of Jesus that they asked the question "Lord, teach us to pray." In His answer Jesus gave a model prayer which is the pattern for powerful praying.
1. The Person of Powerful Prayer
A. We must be children of God in order to call him "our Father."
1. God is the creator of all men but not the father of all men.
2. Some human beings are not children of God but children of the devil. - John 8:44
3. We become children of God by personally receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. - John 1:11
B. If God is our father, it is natural for us to talk with him.
1. Jesus warned against using vain repetitions. - Matthew 6:7
2. We have been invited to call God our father by the most intimate term "Abba, Father." - Romans 8:15
II. The Purpose of Powerful Prayer - Verse 10
A. The major purpose of prayer is to seek and secure the will of God
1. Prayer is answered only within the limits of God's will. - I John 5:14
2. Praying within God's will does not mean to be restricted, but it means to claim God's best blessings.
B. How do we know God's will in prayer?
1. God's will is revealed to us in scripture.
2. God's will is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. - Ephesians 6:18
3. God's will is revealed as we wait before the Heavenly Father in meditati ...
There are 3209 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1604 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!