Exorcism Of Demons-biblical Or Baloney? Part I (17 Of 18) by Stan Coffey
This content is part of a series.CT 4176
- T -16 A
June 5, 1988
Dr. Stan Coffey
- DIRECT ANSWERS TO DIFFICULT QUESTIONS
"Exorcism of Demons - Biblical or Baloney?
INTRODUCTION: Do demons really exist? If so, where did they come from? Does
the Bible teach that the devil is a literal person or simply a reference to the force
of evil in the world. One thing is certain, the possibility of demons is being con-
sidered by many today. There is a church known as the church of Satan. Many
are involved in the occult, witchcraft and demon worship. There have been those
who have committed terrible crimes who have claimed their crimes were motivated
by "voices from within", and that they believe those voices to be demons. If there
are demons, how do we know when a person is demon possessed. The next two
weeks we will look at this important topic in the light of God's Word.
I. THE ORIGIN OF DEMONS
A. False views
1. They are spirits of people who have died - josephus, Jewish Historian
2. They are offsprings of a pre-adamic race
3. They are simply manifestations of mental and/or physical illness
4. Demons simply represent a principle of evil in the world but not a
B. Scriptural view of demons
1. The Bible assumes the existence of demons as it does the existence of
2. The word usually translated "devil" is many times the word for demon -
James 2:19, John 7:20
3. Demons are fallen angels who followed Lucifer in his rebellion against
God - Rev. 12:4, Isaiah 14, Ezekiel 28
a. Satan was created in per ...
There are 3144 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1572 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!