This content is part of a series.
Why Doesn't God Heal All Sick Saints? (4 Of 18)
Series: Direct Answers to Difficult Questions
Dr. Stan Coffey
February 1-4, 1988
I Corinthians 2:3, II Corinthians 1:5 and 6, II Corinthians 12:7-9, James 5:13-16
INTRODUCTION: Many times we believe that Christian life is the absence of problems. No where is this taught in the Word of God. The Apostle Paul knew what suffering was. He also knew what sickness was. All of us know sickness as well. Sometimes we pray for healing and healing comes. While at other times we pray for healing and we or our loved ones are not healed. Why is this? Why does God not heal all sick saints? Is it because of sin in the life? Is it because Cod no longer heals miraculously today? Is it because of lack of faith on our part? This lesson is a survey of what the Bible teaches about sickness and healing. Certainly it would take many lessons to explore this subject fully but as we look at this subject there are three observations I would point out.
1. I believe with all of my heart and soul that God miraculously heals today.
2. I believe that many times it is God's plan to use doctors and medicines as his agents of healing.
3. All healing comes from God whether it be through modern medicine or through divine intervention.
l. The Bible does not teach that it is always God's will to heal.
I. THE PROBLEM OF SICKNESS
A. Sickness is a result of the original sin - had there been no sin there would be no sickness
B. Sickness is not always a result of personal sin - John 9:2
C. Sickness can be attributed to a variety of causes
1. Sin (personal sin) - I John 5:16, I Cor. 11:30
2. Self (unhealthy habits which break God's laws) i.e. drinking, smoking ...
There are 3423 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1712 character sample of the full content.