The Holy Spirit (2 of 7) by Benny Perez
This content is part of a series.The Holy Spirit (2 of 7)
Series: Extra Ordinary
John 14:15-18, 26
Some 290 verses in the N.T refer specifically to the Holy Spirit. 59 of those verses are found in the four gospels.
I. Who Is The Holy Spirit?
A. He is God, Part of the Triune God Head.
1. The Holy Spirit is coequal, coeternal and coexistent with the Father and Son.
2. The Holy Spirit is operating in harmony with the Father and Son.
B. He is a Person, not a Force or Power. John 14:16
1. Jesus spoke of Him as a Person not a Force.
2. The Holy Spirit is a person who has power and exerts His Presence.
C. He has the attributes of Mind, Will and Feelings. Romans 8:27, I Cor. 12:11, Ephesians 4:30.
1. The Holy Spirit releases gifts as He wills.
2. The Holy Spirit can be grieved.
3. The Holy Spirit has a Mind and intellect.
D. He is the Author of the Old and New Testaments. 2 Sam. 23:2, Is. 59:21, 2 Peter 1:21
1. The Bible was written by man under the inspiration of the H.S.
2. The Bible is divine book because it is of divine origin.
3. The Bible is alive and active because of the Holy Spirit.
II. What Does The Holy Spirit Do?
A. The Holy Spirit is another Helper. John 14:16-17
1. Jesus declared a paracletos was coming.
2. Another indicates a difference of persons but not a difference in kind.
3. The same helper that Jesus himself had He has sent to us.
B. The Holy Spirit is a Teacher and a Revealer. John 14:25-26; 16:12-15; I Cor. 2: 13-16
1. The things of God must be understood by the Spirit of God.
2. The Holy Spirit is a teacher of truth.
3. The Holy Spirit makes God's Word clear, understandable and above all Practical in daily life.
C. The Holy Spirit is a Prosecutor. John 16:7-8
1. The Holy ...
There are 3524 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1762 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!