When The Crowd Becomes A Church (18 of 18) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.When The Crowd Becomes A Church (18 of 18)
Series: The Book of James - Core Training
(1) Church has become something we GO TO instead of something we ARE.
(2) We think of Christianity as a PRIVATE RELATIONSHIP.
(3) We have nowhere to live out the ONE ANOTHERS of Scripture.
Hebrews 10:24-25/ James 5:19-20 (Galatians 6:1/ Proverbs 14:12 and 2 Peter 2:21-22/ Galatians 5:19-21/ 1 John 1:9, Proverbs 10:12, 1 Corinthians 5:9-13)
Three Things We All Need
A place where we are . . .
(1) Genuinely KNOWN
(2) Lovingly SUPPORTED
(3) Honestly CHALLENGED
Here's Why . . .
(1) Anonymity BREEDS SIN
John 3:19-21/ Ephesians 5:8-9
(2) Some things are too big to FACE ALONE
(3) Confession is not just for CATHOLICS
James 5:16/ 1 John 1:9/ Proverbs 28:13/ Judges 10:9-16
Growth Group Homework
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. What's something you did this past summer that was fun or enjoyable - i.e. going to a movie, swimming, family gathering, vacation, barbeque, etc?
2. If you could go back in time and have a conversation with anyone besides Jesus, who would you choose and what would you talk to them about?
3. Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. This weeke ...
There are 2835 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1418 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!