End Times Living (16 of 18) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.End Times Living (16 of 18)
Series: 1 Peter - Surviving The Storm
Dr. Larry Osborne
1 Peter 5:1-5
1 Peter 1:1/ 1 Peter 5:1-5
TO LEAD WELL WE'LL NEED TO…
(1) Think like a SHEPHERD
1 Peter 5:1-2/ John 10:11-13/ Psalm 23/ Hebrews 12:5-12/ Hebrews 4:14-16
1 Corinthians 10:13/ Colossians 3:21/ Proverbs 22:10/ Proverbs 20:26
(2) SERVE with ENTHUSIASM
1 Peter 5:2/ 1 Timothy 3:1/ Matthew 20:25-28/ Proverbs 20:28
(3) Lead by EXAMPLE
1 Peter 5:3/ Luke 6:39-40/ James 3:1/ Joshua 7
(4) Lead with a LONG-RANGE perspective
1 Peter 5:4
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back on this week's sermon and study, what's most important for you to remember?
2. Which of the four attributes of leading well would you most like to see growth in?
Can you think of a step you can take to begin that growth?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, Leading Well, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Who is the best leader you've ever personally been around? What did that person do that caused you to consider him or her to be a good leader?
2. Have you ever had a leader (a boss, coach, teacher, or other) who ''lorded it'' over you? How did you respond to that kind of leadership?
1. Thinking like a shepherd means we're willing to put other people before ourselves. In 3 John 1:9, a church leader named Diotrephes is identified as someone who ''loves to be first.'' Jesus gave us a completely different example of what it means to be a leader and a person of influence. Read the following v ...
There are 3341 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1670 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!