Great Expectations (3 of 4) by James Merritt
This content is part of a series.Great Expectations (3 of 4)
Series: Family Re:Union
1. There are a lot of things in life you can buy that will help you get ahead in life. They are for sale and if you've got the money to buy them they will return a dividend and many times a big one. For example, you can buy education and no one denies the value of having a degree. Even in this day and age it helps to have education to get ahead.
2. You can buy knowledge. In many fields including ministry, sometimes hiring an outside consultant can bring a fresh set of eyes to an old set of problems and get a new set of solutions that you never thought about before.
3. You can buy information. In fact, because of the internet and computerization you have a world of information at your fingertips that can help you take shortcuts, cut corners, and do things quicker and faster than ever before. Whether it is learning how to cook on a barbecue or how to find the best camera or how to do your own plumbing (if you are foolish enough).
4. There is one thing you can't buy and it really doesn't come free. You only get it by living long enough and doing something long enough that in time can give you such expertise that people begin to come to you for education, knowledge and information and that is experience.
5. Today, I am going to talk about something that many have multiple years of experience in and that is marriage. I am not claiming to be an expert in marriage. I want to say right up front that even though I have a wonderful marriage; a marriage that is as strong and stable as any marriage I know, marriage is hard work. In fact, it is such hard work that fewer and fewer people are evening applying for the job. Fewer and fewer people even believe marriage is worth the effort.
6. I still believe in the institution of marriage for at least two reasons: 1) God believes in it; 2) I have experienced first hand the bliss, the benefits and the blessings th ...
There are 18285 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!