Wisdom For Parents
What some call foolish is sometimes wisdom
Have you ever heard the phrase, ''Out of the mouth of babes?'' Certainly you have. It comes from the simple truth that sometimes it takes a child to reveal lasting wisdom. It seems foolish but it isn't!
- Patrick, age 10, said, ''Never trust a dog to watch your food.''
- Michael, 14, said, ''When your dad is mad and asks you, ''Do I look stupid?'' don't answer him.''
- Michael, wise man that he was also said, ''Never tell your mom her diet's not working.''
- Randy, 9 years of age said, ''Stay away from prunes.'' One wonders how he discovered that bit of wisdom.
- Kyoyo, age 9, said, ''Never hold a dust buster and a cat at the same time.''
- Naomi, 15 said, ''If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse.''
- Lauren, age 9 said, ''Felt markers are not good to use as lipstick.''
- Joel, 10 years old, said, ''Don't pick on your sister when she's holding a baseball bat.'' and
- Eileen, age 8 said, ''Never try to baptize a cat.''
OPEN: Have you ever noticed how little children pepper you with questions? I read the story once about a little four-year-old who did that to his mom.
''Mommy, where do babies come from?
Not quite sure she wanted to get technical with her son just now, she replied: ''The stork.''
''Oh, ok. (pause) Mommy, who keeps bad people from robbing our house?''
''The police, honey.''
''Oh, ok. (pause) Mommy, if our house was on fire, who would save us?''
''That would be the fire department, sweetheart.''
''Oh, ok. (pause) Mommy, where does food come from?''
''Well, Farmers grow the food honey.''
''Oh, ok. (pause) Mommy?''
''Yes, sweetheart - what is it now?''
''What do we need Daddy for?''
We enter into a new chapter this morning in our study of Proverbs. We have seen many wonderful facts about life that would come from the Lord to us, His children. Last week we saw that through wisdom, Go ...
There are 24640 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.