This content is part of a series.
Empowered People (4 of 4)
Series: The Making Of A Movement
Today I am continuing a New Series: The Making Of A Movement!. You see we are not a religious people following a religious system. Rather we are Followers of Jesus And Fulfilling His Mission.
You see Jesus did not come to establish another Religious system but Jesus came to establish a movement of People who understood that they were part of something that is bigger than just themselves. A Movement of people who understand that they are put on this planet to make a difference and help bring change.
If we really take the scriptures seriously then we are really not part of this World's system. We are people who have been captured by the Love of Jesus and now we are on mission to share this message.
Text: Acts 2:1-4
I. Holy Spirit Activity Act 2:2-3 NKJV
A. They Gather To Pray
1. They did what Jesus had asked them to do.
2. They knew they were going to receive a baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Key Pt: They were going to be saturated, filled, immersed in the Holy Spirit.
B. There Sound and Sight
1. Notice a Sound from Heaven, like a mighty rushing wind.
2. Sight of Fire On All that were present.
Key Pt: God's Culture involves both sight and sound. There is a distinct sound
That only comes from heaven.
Holy Spirit Activity will be seen and heard.
Holy Spirit points us back to all that Jesus said and did.
Filled: Acts 4:8, 31, Acts 9:17, Acts 13:9
II. Preaching of God's Word Acts 2:42
A. They devoted themselves
1. This movement of people was devoted.
2. Devotion is a response to what one has encountered.
B. To the Apostles Teaching
1. They longed for and were devoted to God's Word being taught.
2. Preaching and Teaching is not a speech being gi ...
There are 3732 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1866 character sample of the full content.