One Is Not The Loneliest Number (3 of 5) by Benny Perez
This content is part of a series.One Is Not The Loneliest Number (3 of 5)
Series: Relation Tips
1 Corinthians 7:1-17, 27 - 28, 33-38
The Power of Relationships: There is Power in Healthy Relationships.
I want speak on being Single, Unmarried in this world.
Singles make up 43% of the adults over the age of 18.
The Las Vegas Valley has a very high percentage of Single Adults.
Our church is filled with incredible Unmarried People.
A Few Statements:
1. Being Single/Unmarried is not always easy, but if you are single you are not alone.
2. Being Single/Unmarried is misunderstood by some people.
* Oh you can be there for sure - what else do you to do.
* I wonder what is up with??? Why are they not married?
* So and so is not married so they have the time.
My Story of being single/unmarried
Key Pt: There are some people who misunderstand people being single today. But Jesus understand you. Remember Jesus was single and Paul the Apostle was single.
Text: I Corinthians 7:1-17, 27 - 28, 33-38
I. What Is God's View On Being Single?
A. There is nothing wrong with being Single
1. We have to get past the point of seeing being single as second rate.
2. You are not less than because you are single.
B. Being Single is a Gift From God For Some v. 7
1. God actually gives the gift of being single.
2. Being single is not abnormal but a gift given by God.
C. Being Single can have some advantages v. 32
1. You can stay focused on the things of God.
2. You are unhindered and more free.
Key Pt: Whatever place you find yourself: Single or Married, find contentment in
Your relationship with Jesus.
Philippians 4:11-13 NLT
Contented Life is a Fulfilled Life, Successful Life and a Blessed Life
II. How Should We View Life?
A. You Need To Find Your Identity In Christ
1. Your Identity answers: Who Am I?
2. God not your marital status defines your life. V. 17
* Jesus gives all of us ...
There are 4328 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!