This content is part of a series.
Honey Moons Over: Marriage (4 of 5)
Series: Relation Tips
1 Corinthians 7:3-4, Ephesians 5:22 - 33
The Power of Relationships:
1) From the beginning of time we see God putting people into relationships.
2) The institution of marriage: Husband and Wife.
3) The institution of family: Kids relating to parents.
4) The institution of friendship: Being connected to others through a common interest.
5) The institution of the local church: Being in relationships to other believers.
6) The institution of Groups and Gatherings: Connecting people to each other and to God.
Text: I Corinthians 7:3-4, Ephesians 5:22 - 33
I. Marriage Is About Serving. I Cor. 7:3-5
A. Marriage is not about you. V. 3
1. It is not a place to stand up for your rights.
2. It is not about getting what you want.
Key Pt: The husband seeks to satisfy his wife and the wife the husband.
B. Marriage is a decision to serve the other. V. 4
1. Notice it is a decision not a feeling.
2. Making up ones mind to serve.
3. Marriage is about the other person.
Key Pt: When you first got married it was all about the other person. Love
Was the driving force, not fear of losing them.
II. Marriage Is About Giving Ephesians 5:33
A. Wives need love
1. The number one need for a wife is love from her husband.
2. It is a command not a suggestion. Colossians 3:19
Key Pt: A wives number one need is love. Genesis 29:32-33, Judges 14:16
B. Men need respect
1. The number one need for a man is respect.
2. When a man feels respected he feels loved and honored.
Key Pt: A man may says I get no respect. A man's heart closes wh ...
There are 3402 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1701 character sample of the full content.