This content is part of a series.
Great Sexpectations (5 of 5)
Series: Relation Tips
Genesis 1:27-28, 1 Corinthians 7:1-5
The Power of Relationships:
1) From the beginning of time we see God putting people into relationships.
2) The institution of marriage: Husband and Wife.
3) The institution of family: Kids relating to parents.
4) The institution of friendship: Being connected to others through a common interest.
5) The institution of the local church: Being in relationships to other believers.
6) The institution of Groups and Gatherings: Connecting people to each other and to God.
Text: Genesis 1:27-28, I Corinthians 7:1-5
I. God Is The Creator Of Sex Genesis 1:27-28
A. He created both men and women.
1. God is the one that made the bodies.
2. God created the bodies to be sexually fulfilling for the opposite sex.
B. He created them and blessed them.
1. Said to be fruitful and multiply.
2. This can only happen through sexual union.
3. He wanted them to have lots of sex and have children.
Key Pt: Sex is God’s idea for enjoyment and procreation for mankind
In the context of marriage. Sex is not sick, ugly or dirty.
Fallen Man has made Sex sick, ugly and dirty.
II. God Gives Us Boundaries For Sex I Corinthians 7:1-5
A. Sex is for marriage v. 2
1. Each man should have his own wife.
2. Each wife should have her own husband.
Key Pt: Why does God say this? Because of Sexual Immorality. That is having
Sexual relations outside of marriage. V. 1
B. Sex is to fulfill your spouses needs. V. 3 - 4
1. Sex is not just for procreation as some have taught.
2. Sex should be fun and pleasurable for your spouse.
Key Pt: Sex is meeting the needs of your spouse! It is not selfish and self centered.
It is all about your spouse. Mutually serving and loving each other.
C. Sex should not be withheld v. 5 – 6
1. Sex should not be used as a tool of manipulation.
There are 4607 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.