Offering Our Very Best (6 of 9) by Benny Perez
This content is part of a series.Offering Our Very Best (6 of 9)
Series: One: A Journey Through Philippians
I am beginning our new series ''One'' a journey through Philippians. I believe this series is going to help us to know Jesus more intimately but also to understand the principle of one. You see one is a powerful number. It represents unity, agreement and power. I believe that Jesus is looking for us to move as one. He even prayed that we would become One in John 15 and that we would understand that we are One with Him.
We will see the concept of One Spirit and Purpose (1:26-28), One Love (2:1-11, One Desire (2:12-18), One Knowledge (3:1-10), One Thing (3:11-21), One Mindset (4:4-7) and One Thing (4:8).
Paul is most likely writing this letter around AD. 61 from his first imprisonment to the church in Philippi. Paul established the church around 10 years before and is now writing to thank them for their support. He also is asking them to stay in unity and to stay true to the one Gospel.
It was a church made up of a diversity of people. We find the founding of the church in Acts 16 and we see Lydia, the jailer, the slave girl as well as other Gentile believers. Their hearts were united as one with their love for Christ and for each other.
I. Paul sends Timothy v. 19
A. If the Lord is willing
1. Paul is always filtering his life, prayers and desires through Jesus.
2. Paul is wanting what Jesus wants for His Life.
B. Sending Timothy
1. Paul had invested his life into this young man Timothy.
2. Timothy grew up with his mom a Jew and his dad a Gentile
3. He was the one that Paul had invested in and mentored.
4. I believe everyone should have 3 types of relationships in their lives.
* Timothy's - those you are mentoring
* Barnabas - those that are peers that are walking with you.
* Paul's - those people that help mentor you.
There are 4963 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!