Our House - Generosity (1 of 6) by Benny Perez
This content is part of a series.Our House - Generosity (1 of 6)
Series: Our House
Today I am starting our New Series Our House. We will be talking about a few of the core values of Our Church House. Every House has a Culture, what is acceptable and not acceptable in the house.
Today I want to begin in talking about Our House is Generous.
What do you think of when I say Generous? Do you think of money, attitude, a person or an institution?
When I say Generous I think of God. I look at the life of Jesus and it shows the greatest Generosity ever given.
Text: Luke 7:36-50
I. Jesus At Dinner
A. Pharisee invited Jesus to His House
1. Pharisee was a keeper of the law.
2. He would be considered a righteous man by society.
Key Pt: Dinner parties would be open for all to see. It would be in a setting where the
Guests would be reclining at a long table. They would be laying down with
Their feet behind them facing each other at the table.
B. Immoral woman
1. She was not an invited guest.
2. She came and began to pour out love on Jesus
* She wept
* She wiped Jesus feet with her tears and hair.
* She kissed his feet
* She put very expensive perfume on his feet.
This is a scandalous scene. What is happening. Remember we are told that she
Is Immoral! Why would she be doing such a thing.
If Jesus knew what kind of a woman this was, he would not allow her to touch
Him. She is a sinner!
II. Jesus Details Her Generosity
A. A Man Loaned 2 people money.
1. One was 50 and the 500. Neither one could pay.
2. The man forgave them both and canceled their debt.
B. Jesus asks an important question
1. Who do you think loves more AFTER The Man actions.
2. In other words Who Has The Greatest Respo ...
There are 3649 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1824 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!