Our House - God's Grace (2 of 6) by Benny Perez
This content is part of a series.Our House - God's Grace (2 of 6)
Series: Our House
Today I am starting our New Series Our House. We will be talking about a few of the core values of Our Church House. Every House has a Culture, what is acceptable and not acceptable in the house.
Today I want to begin in talking about Our House - Grace
What do you think of when I say Grace? Do you think of getting away with something. Do you
Think of someone being nice.
When I say Grace I think of God. I look at and see the personification of Grace in Jesus.
Grace defined: God's Unmerited Favor, it is unearned and underserved favor. It is empowerment
Text: Luke 7:36-50
I. Jesus At Dinner
A. Pharisee invited Jesus to His House
1. Pharisee was a keeper of the law.
2. He would be considered a righteous man by society.
Key Pt: Dinner parties would be open for all to see. It would be in a setting where the
Guests would be reclining at a long table. They would be laying down with
Their feet behind them facing each other at the table.
B. Immoral woman
1. She was not an invited guest.
2. She came and began to pour out love on Jesus
* She wept
* She wiped Jesus feet with her tears and hair.
* She kissed his feet
* She put very expensive perfume on his feet.
This is a scandalous scene. What is happening. Remember we are told that she
Is Immoral! Why would she be doing such a thing.
If Jesus knew what kind of a woman this was, he would not allow her to touch
Him. She is a sinner!
II. Jesus Details Her Actions
A. A Man Loaned 2 people money.
1. One was 50 and the 500. Neither one could pay.
2. The man forgave them both and canceled their debt.
B. Jesus asks an important question
1. Who do you think loves more AFTER The Man actions.
2. In other words Who Has The Greatest Response To W ...
There are 3866 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1933 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!