This content is part of a series.
Community (6 of 6)
Series: Our House
Acts 2: 40 - 47
Today I am continuing our Series Our House. We will be talking about a few of the core values of Our Church House. Every House has a Culture, what is acceptable and not acceptable in the house.
Today I want to continue talking about Our House - Community
What do you think of when I say Community?
Some think of a place where they live. Some think of a group of people. Others think of people with a common interest.
Definition of Community
1) A group of people living in the same locality and under the same government.
2) A group of people having common interests
3) A group of people forming a distinct segment of society: the Christian Community.
Americans are amongst the loneliest people in the world. Concert attendance has been slowly declining over the last 10 years, because people no longer want to go to concerts to get lost in a crowd.
But if you track another trend over the past 10 years you'll see concerts down but coffee houses are up.
Why? People want to connect in community.
The Power of Community:
1) From the beginning of time we see God putting people into community.
2) Marriage: Husband and Wife.
3) Family: Kids relating to parents.
4) Friendship: Being connected to others through a common interest.
5) Local Church: Being connected to other believers.
6) Groups: Connecting people to each other and to God.
Acts 2: 40 - 47
I. People were Born Again. v. 40 -41
''Be saved from this perverse generation. Then those who gladly received his word
Were baptized; and that day 3,000 souls were added to them.''
A. Peter preaches a message of Hope.
1. They accepted the message of Hope.
2. They could be saved from their sin and brought into relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
B. We must preach the same message of Hope
1. People can become Born Again and experience a new life.
2. Jesus gives us hope for a brand new ...
There are 5019 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.