This content is part of a series.
Fighting The Funk (5 of 9)
1 Samuel 30:10
I. David Strengthened/Encouraged Himself In The Lord v. 6
A. David had no one around him.
1 He was all alone and was being threatened.
2. Everybody was against him.
Key Pt: Have you ever felt all alone? Have you ever felt like your back was against the
Wall? What have you done in situations like that?
B. David decided to Encourage Himself.
1. David did not have anyone who was going to do it.
2. David made a decision to Encourage Himself.
C. David Encouraged Himself in the Lord
1. David knew that the Lord would never leave him or forsake him.
2. David affirmed his place and position in the Lord.
What does it mean to encourage yourself in the Lord?
1. I believe it starts with Jesus.
2. Affirming what Jesus thinks about you.
3. Affirming that you are the beloved of the Lord.
4. That nothing can separate you from the Love of God.
5. That God is for you and not against you.
When your back is against the wall don't look for your circumstance to change
But look to Jesus to change you in the midst of your circumstances!
II. David Inquired Of The Lord v. 8
A. David asked for the Ephod
1. It was used to see what the Will of God was for a situation.
2. David knew who to ask in his time of trouble.
B. We ...
There are 2777 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1388 character sample of the full content.