This content is part of a series.
Fighting Offence (7 of 9)
Hebrews 12:14, Luke 17:1
I. Offences Will Come
A. Jesus said that Offences will come.
1. It is not if but when.
2. Life is full of offences.
B. You don't have to look for them.
1. We are not talking about being hypersensitive.
2. You don't have to look for them they will find you.
Key Pt: In fact everyday there will be opportunities to be offended.
Define Offence: comes from the Greek Word: Skandalon refers to part of
Trap to which bait was attached.
Being Offended is when we perceive actions done against us that have hurt
There are 2 categories of offended people:
1. Those who have been treated unjustly.
2. Those who believe they have been treated unjustly.
II. How Does It Come?
A. In The Church Proverbs 18:19 ESV
1. When a person is overlooked for a church position that they really thought
Belonged to them.
2. When a person did not speak to you when you think they should have.
3. When you receive a correction that does not seem fair or was given in an
4. When you have unfulfilled expectation of a person or program.
5. When others are given recognition and you do not receive the recognition that
6. Perceived or real favoritism to someone that you are not receiving yourself.
B. In Marriage
1. Expectations not being expressed that are not being met.
2. Unkind words or actions.
3. Lack of love or respect
4. Favoring family over spouse.
C. In Home ...
There are 3224 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1612 character sample of the full content.