Fighting Bitterness Remix (9 of 9) by Benny Perez
This content is part of a series.Fighting Bitterness Remix (9 of 9)
Hebrews 12:14-15, Ephesians 4:31
Remember that sometimes life is just a fight at times. But we will not give in but we will Fight with the Grace of God that is within us!
I. Work At Living At Peace v. 14
A. Who Gives Us Peace?
1. Jesus is the Prince of Peace.
2. Jesus has given us His Peace
B. We must now live in it
1. Life is about being aware of what is going on.
2. Work not in your power but His power to live at peace.
C. Peace is not the absence of conflict.
1. It is the working out of conflict.
2. It is the resolving of conflict.
3. It is the releasing of conflict
II. What Makes A Person Bitter - Perceived Sin
A. When we believe someone has wronged us with no response.
B. When there is no "I Am Sorry" we get resentful and become bitter.
C. Not dealing with offences the right way will lead to bitterness.
Definition: Bitterness comes from the word meaning bite. It means being
Resentful or cynical.
III. What Are The Characteristics Of Bitterness?
A. You Remember The Details
1. Bitterness causes you to remember the details.
2. When you are bitter you remember the tone and inflection of the voice.
3. You remember the time, place and circumstances of the event.
When a person is BITTER, no detail is forgotten. Some details are even EXAGGERATED after awhile. The more you analyze and scrutinize them, the worse they become.
Key Pt: Bitter people obsess over the event, reliving it over and over again. Allowing The person to inflict them again and again and again.
IV. Bitterness Causes You Trouble v. 15
A. In Your Spiritual Life
1. It cuts you off from the Grace of God and you end up walking in your own
2. The fruit of the Spirit is less evident.
Key Pt: We cannot control what happens in life but we can contr ...
There are 3904 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1952 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!