Do You Want To Be Made Well? (3 of 6) by Benny Perez
This content is part of a series.Do You Want To Be Made Well? (3 of 6)
Series: Miracles - God Has One for You
John 5:1 - 9
I. The Pool v. 2
"…by the sheep gate a pool…called Bethesda, having 5 porches…"
A. The Pool Of Bethesda
1. Bethesda means House of Mercy, House of Grace, Place of Outpouring.
2. It was a double pool that had 5 porches
B. By the Sheep Gate
1. This was the place where the Sheep or Lambs would come through on
their way to be sacrificed.
2. This gate was representing the gate that led to atonement, forgiveness,
the place of substation.
3. The sheep or lambs would be the sacrifice that would take the sins of
people. It was a place where a substation would take place.
C. There is a Present Pool
1. The church is meant to be a present pool
2. The church should be a place of Mercy, Grace and certainly should be a
place of outpouring.
Key Pt: I am talking about an outpouring of the Spirit. An outpouring
of Mercy, Grace, Healing and Hope. But also an outpouring
3. The church of Jesus Christ has been positioned by the Gate that had the
Lamb of God walk through to take our place and provide provision.
II. The People and The Process v. 3 - 4
"In these lay a great multitude of sick people, blind, lame, paralyzed…"
A. Lay a great multitude of sick people
1. This was a modern day hospital
2. People coming and laying there hoping to get their miracle.
B. Blind, Lame and Paralyzed.
1. Blind - loss of vision
2. Lame - have lost some type of function or dysfunctional
3. Paralyzed - have gotten stuck and cannot move.
C. The church has all sorts of people coming.
1. Those who lack the vision to see clearly
2. Those that have some sort of dysfunction
3. Those that are stuck and seemingly are not moving.
D. Waiting for the moving of the Waters
1. An angel (messenger) would come down and ...
There are 6183 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!