How to Conqueror the Impossible (5 of 6) by Benny Perez
This content is part of a series.How to Conqueror the Impossible (5 of 6)
Series: Miracles - God Has One for You
Joshua 5:13, 6:1-5
Background: The nation of Israel has been wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. Moses is dead and now Joshua has taken over leadership of the nation. Joshua leads them across the Jordan into the Promise Land. It is here they face the impossible: Jericho.
Jericho was a fortress city that was unparalleled in its day!
*The walls were 15 feet high, 10 feet thick with 15 feet between each wall. It was
the impossible of all impossibilities: This is the time to rise up or shrink back.
There are 3 Vital Principles that Joshua finds out when facing the impossible and believing for a miracle.
I. You Must Recognize The Spiritual Nature Of The Battle. Joshua 5:13
A. Joshua was by Jericho
1. Joshua was right beside his impossible situation.
2. He was camping out right beside a situation that was bigger than him.
Question: Have you found yourself beside a situation that was bigger than you?
B. Joshua lifted his eyes and looked.
1. I believe Joshua was assessing the situation.
2. Joshua was a trained warrior and he was looking to see if there was any
weaknesses in the city.
3. He was trying to figure out how he could conquer this impossible
4. Joshua sees a man with a drawn sword and wonders if He is for him or
C. The Angel of the Lord shows up.
1. He sees the Angel with a drawn sword.
2. He identifies himself as the Angel of the Lord.
Key Pt: The Angel of the Lord comes to take over the operation. This
is a Theophany: Jesus showing up in the Old Testament.
3. The Angel tells him to take off his shoes for the place where he is
standing is Holy Ground.
Key Pt: Until God shows up it seems like Impossible Ground but when God
shows up it becomes Holy Ground.
D. God tells Joshua and tells us:
1. I will ...
There are 4989 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!