Invest: Giving Into The Future (2 of 6)
Series: I Am The Church
John 3:16, Matthew 6:19-24
It is Time To Invest with the future in mind.
Invest: To spend or devote for future advantage or benefit
I. God Is An Investor
A. God deposited His Son as an Investment. John 3:16
1. God gave His Son into the earth so that He could now gain millions of
Sons and Daughters.
2. Jesus is declared the first fruits among many brothers and sisters.
3. God invested His very best so that His return would be the very best!
B. God invested with the future in mind!
1. The Bible says that even before the foundation of the earth, Christ
2. God planned way in advance even before the World began God was
looking to invest into the future.
C. God has invested in you and your life.
1. The Bible says in Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared
beforehand that we should walk in them."
2. When you become a Christ Follower God deposits into your life the
Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:13
3. The deposit of the Holy Spirit gives you power and authority.
Key Pt: God has invested and deposited into you His: Son, His Spirit and His
Good Works and His Divine Destiny.
II. Jesus Spoke Of Investing - Matthew 6:19 - 24
A. Jesus speaks of the foolishness of just earthly investments
1. Moths will come and destroy - Fabrics were treasured by Jews yet
moths ruined them
2. Rust will come and destroy - precious metals can be eaten away
3. Thieves will come and steal - other people will take what you have.
Key Pt: Jesus make it clear that anything we put away here will eventually
pass away. It has temporary value because it is tied to the temporary
not the eternal.
B. Jesus is communicating something about Investing
1. Resources are not just to be heaped here on e ...
There are 6196 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.