Feasting In The Famine (5 of 6)
Series: I Am The Church
2 Kings 7:1
There has been a severe famine in the land. It is so bad that people are eating their own children. Elisha now hears a word from the Lord for the people of God in a difficult time. I believe that we can have feast in the famine. There is great provision behind every problem. The mountain will move if you have the courage to speak to it.
How To Feast In The Famine
I. You Must Listen To The Right Message
A. Elisha the Prophet speaks a message
1. Here the Word of the Lord
2. The Lord was speaking to and through the prophet Elisha
B. The message
1. By this time tomorrow flour will only cost 1 penny.
2. By this time tomorrow grain will only cost 1 penny.
3. This message contains a 24 hour turnaround.
4. This message is for a quick move of God in a situation.
C. We must ask ourselves the following questions.
1. What are you listening to?
2. Who are you listening to?
Key Pt: Why be concerned? Because faith and fear both generate
from the messages we choose to believe!
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word.
Fear comes by hearing and hearing by a Word.
II. You Must Resist The Voices Of Doubt/Unbelief
A. The King was leaning on the wrong source.
1. The king was leaning upon an officer.
2. The officer was going to give him the wrong message.
Key Pt: Be careful on who or what you are leaning on. What you lean
on you will fall upon.
Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your
own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He
will direct your paths."
B. We have to learn this principle.
1. Too many of us lean on our friends.
2. Too many of us lean on our money.
3. Too many of us lean on our possessions.
4. Too many of us lean on our reasoning.
Key Pt: Every Prophetic Proclamation has a p ...
There are 5571 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.