This content is part of a series.
The Prayer of Spiritual Growth (7 of 13)
Series: Magnificent Jesus/Extraordinary Life (Ephesians)
The book is broken up into 2 sections: 1) the Believers Position, chapters 1 - 3, and 2) the Believers Practice chapters 4 - 6. This is important to understand that Position always precedes practice. Practice does not secure Position, rather your Position secures your practice. In other words God does not accept you on your Practice but rather on your Position secured in Christ.
Paul wrote Ephesians around A.D 62 from a prison cell in Rome. It was written to Gentile Believers living in the city of Ephesus. The City of Ephesus was a world class city. It would be considered an ancient Las Vegas. One of the 7 wonders of the world, Temple of Diana, was built there. The city was given over to sexuality, lavish and lascivious lifestyle.
Paul helped establish an incredible local church that was impacting the city. People's lives were being changed and Jesus was being preached. Paul is now writing to encourage
Text: Ephesians 3:14-21
I. Paul's Response v. 14
A. Paul thinks on all that Christ has done
1. When I think about all this
2. When I meditate on the Mystery of God as revealed in Christ
B. He Falls on His knees
1. Paul is overwhelmed with all that God has done.
2. His natural response is to get on his knees in reverence and awe of God.
Key Pt: When you stop and meditate on all that God has done through Jesus Christ,
There is a natural response to Jesus. Christianity is about a response to all
THAT JESUS HAS DONE FOR US!
C. He Prays to the Father v.14
1. Again Paul affirms that we have a Heavenly Father.
2. We have a Father who is here to provide for us, protect us, help us, be there for
3. Jesus spoke of us having a Heavenly Father. He will take care of us who are
Part of His family.
Key Pt: He is the Perfect Fathe ...
There are 5658 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.